Water Heaters In Lafayette, West Lafayette, Kokomo, IN, and Surrounding Areas
Water Heaters In Lafayette, West Lafayette, Kokomo, Crawfordsville, Linden, Waynetown, Dayton, Frankfort, Flora, Delphi, Pine Village, Remington, Attica, IN, and Surrounding Areas
- Water Heater Service
- Water Heater Repair
- Emergency Water Heater Repair
- Water Heater Installation
- Water Heater Inspection
- Water Heater Replacement
- Water Heater Maintenance
- Water Heater Tune-Up
- Tankless Water Heater Service
- Tankless Water Heater Repair
- Tankless Water Heater Installation
- Tankless Water Heater Replacement
- Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
- Tankless Water Heater Tune-Up
- Furnace repair in Lafayette, Indiana
- Furnace Service in Lafayette
- Heating Service in Crawfordsville
- Residential HVAC in Crawfordsville, IN
Contact us Today For Water Heaters In Lafayette, West Lafayette, Kokomo, IN, and Surrounding Areas
The water heaters are classified based on their functionality, gas or electricity. Based on functionality there are standard tank systems and tankless systems.
For a small home with fewer people. A unit with a holding capacity of 23-35 gallons is sufficient for a small home with fewer people for a small home. For large homes, a unit of 50-80 gallons capacity will be needed.
A tank water heater has a lifespan of 10-15 years, whereas a tankless water heating unit works well for at least 20 years. Maintenance and frequency of servicing are deciding factors in the longevity of a heating unit.
Energy Factor (EF) is the unit of measuring the efficiency of a water heater based on recovery efficiency and cycling and standby losses. Some water heaters and their EF range -
- Electric resistance -> 0.7-0.95
- Gas heaters -> 0.5-0.8
- Oil heaters -> 0.7-0.85
- Heat pump heaters -> 1.5-2.0
- The water doesn't get hot even after 45 minutes.
- The unit is leaking due to damaged or loose parts
- Changes in colour and taste of the water.
- The unit is making strange noises.
Any water heater with more than 10-15 years under its belt may need replacement. Another factor that may lead to replacing a unit is unsatisfactory work even after many servicing.
The price for repairing a water heating unit ranges from basic 140-200$. If any part needs replacement then the price may go up by 50-80$ or more sending on the part that needs replacement.
According to the experts, the water heating unit should be drained and washed at least once a year. The same goes for maintenance and general inspection.
The first thing that is done is inspecting the unit to find out the damaged or faulty parts. Things that can be expected during a repair -
- Checking VPR valve
- Temperature adjustment
- Draining the tank and washing the sediment
- Checking anodes
- Pipes insulation.
The traditional units have a tank that stores the hot water; after this water is used, the yank gets filled with cold water and the temperature can be set again to get it warm. A tankless unit produces hot water when needed.
The final decision before choosing a water heater depends on many factors, which are -
- Size of the unit, depending on the size of the household.
- Energy efficiency.
- The installation and operating costs.
- Type of fuel in which the unit will run.
- Future requirements.